Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Plan

Her -
Andy and I have decided to watch every Academy Award winning Picture of the Year (an idea given to us by my best friend Alysia which was inspired by Julie & Julia). We thought it would be fun to blog about the movies from a his/her perspective.

I think this may be a little harder for me than it will be for Andy. First of all, I have never been a big fan of watching old movies. Secondly, I also have never been a big fan of war movies and westerns and, due to the nature of "Picture of the Year", there are a lot of these types of movies.

However, I have decided that I need to stretch myself a little and get out of my romantic comedy rut so I am looking forward to this challenge!

We are going to try to watch one movie a week. This is a reasonable goal due to our hectic schedule. We will be ordering most of the movies from Netflix. I just went onto Netflix to get the first few ordered and found that the very first Picture of the Year (Wings in 1929) is not available right now...great start! We will try as much as possible to watch them in order but, if we get stuck we may have to skip around a little!

His -
Okay, what's wrong with old movies?! There's some great ones such as The Quiet Man as one superb and fun example of a romantic comedy. Besides that, some of our favorite movies were "new" 20 years or more ago. This will be an interesting project and I'll love doing it with Lisa - my most favorite person in this life and world.

I think that having the ability to download and watch some of the movies instantly from Netflix is a wonderful development in the movie rental business and it will make it a bit more flexible and do-able because we don't have to wait for some of the DVDs to arrive in the mail.

Now on to our first movie...

Lisa & Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment